The Disability Rights Section works to achieve equal opportunity for people with disabilities in the United States by implementing the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Through its multi-faceted approach toward achieving compliance with the ADA, this Section works to make this goal a reality. The Section's enforcement, certification, regulatory, coordination, and technical assistance activities, required by the ADA, combined with an innovative mediation program and a technical assistance grant program, provide a cost-effective and dynamic approach for carrying out the ADA's mandates. The Section also carries out responsibilities under Sections 504 and 508 of the Rehabilitation Act, the Small Business Regulatory Enforcement Fairness Act, and Executive Order 12250.
Links of Interest
- Americans with Disabilities Act Title III Regulations
- Common ADA Errors and Omissions in New Construction and Alterations
- Department of Justice ADA Responsibilities: ADA Mediation Program
- Questions and Answers: The Americans with Disabilities Act And the Rights of Persons with HIV/AIDS To Obtain Occupational Training and State Licensing
- United States Department of Justice Civil Rights Division